Thursday, May 20, 2010

Picture Cop Out FTW.


Okay, so kinda of how the title says, this is part cop out and part, hey look what I did a couple of weeks ago.












This is part something I've always wanted to do and hopefully practice for the portfolio and if I cross my fingers really hard and wish on a few stars, I'll be able to take some pictures of some friends of mine, both for their benefit and my own. Although, that's all still up in the air and for the most part--at least for right now, I do enjoy my models being pretty stationary.




Basically C, the wonderful kid that he can be, took me out and let me run amuck around downtown Vancouver with his awesome and semi-professional (considering the point and shoots I'm use to) camera. Ever the generous guy, he also helped me upload the images and viola. Instant success. Well...Sorta.
 















Anyways, as a warning, the following images are done by a very inexperience girl who really had no idea what she was doing and attempted to be art-y.

The only thing I really
had was my eye and the basics that C taught me. On our second outing around North Van (photos hopefully pending), there was a tad more teaching and learning, but for the most part this was just me having fun and getting my hands a little dirty.

These were my favourites of the collection of over 150 pictures. So just be thankful you ha
ven't had to suffer through that. Not only would my head esplode from trying to upload them all here, a lot of them make me wince in pain from the terribleness.


Also, you'll have to excuse the editing format as it's rather late for me and still getting use to adding pictures. Plus, sorry blogger, but your formatting SUCKS. So, this is the best I can do given the time, the amount of swearing and without throwing my computer out a window anytime soon.
Oh, and if you hadn't guessed. Kinda like architecture. Which, thankfully Vancouver is full of. Hopefully it doesn't bore you too much.

Also, bonus points as to anyone who could name the area we were in. I'd love to get my hands on Gastown, but that's generally for another trip. I think, perhaps that my next big purchase will have to be a camera. As much as I appreciate C's dedication and help with all this, I do think there's something to be said about being able to go whenever you want on your own sche
dule. However, I wouldn't be able to do any of this without him so thanks C, if you ever read this. All my bitching you put up with is underlying the thankfulness (trust me, the more you get to know me, the sooner you'll realize this is the closest I'll ever be to actually being nice/thankful/appreciative. Mostly I'm just hostile)




















No comments:

Post a Comment