Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's a brand new day and the sun is high; All the birds are singing that you're gonna die

As mentioned in the past, I wanted to be a part of a challenge--with a few minor tweaks.

Because in all honesty? I never do things the simple way--or hopefully the conventional way. I like to do things somewhat on my own terms. If you know me, you’ve probably had many frustrating conversations in which I try elicit a response from you, only to do the thing I wanted to do in the first place. (Thanks for listening, I promise I take all your input seriously.)


So the original challenge seemed like a fantastic idea. I honestly was going to try it. Then life came and kinda smacked me in the face, said wake up and realize you barely have enough time to go to the gym, work and sleep let alone dedicate a serious amount of time for reading, besides tivo’s getting lonely and with the spring line up--yeah. So not going to happen.

I love books, don’t get me wrong. However, I’m not a speed reader--as much as I’d love to be. So 100 books didn’t seem plausible. That much was obvious. So what would be? I decided to cut the challenge in half and am crossing my fingers for the best. Some of the same rules apply--however, I’m going to add in graphic novels to that list. HOWEVER, so I’m not a big cheater, I will say that they can only hold up to 1/4 of the list and must be a decent thickness. I won’t be putting in any dailies or anything of the such. I’m not THAT lazy.

So without further ado, I will present the challenge of myself for the next year.

Starting March 2010 (Yeah, I know, I’m late writing about it), I will attempt to read 50 books in one year. All books must be at least 200 pages in length, any short stories must be composed of 6 stories or more and graphic novels must be a full novel and only comprise 1/4 of the list.

Also, I will attempt to review every book that I read on here as an attempt not only to fulfill my summer challenge list but also to get into the groove of writing again. I so miss it.

So let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment